Sunday, April 15, 2012

S'more Bars! YUM!




           Hi guys! I've been wanting to try these for a while now and when I tried them this morning...well...I'm officially in love! I followed a Rice Krispies treat recipe but instead of mixing in rice krispies, I used the new Quaker Oatmeal Squares (honey nut flavor) that I crushed up in a bag. They taste just like graham crackers but are healthier. Anyway, after mixing in the cereal, I added a bunch of semi-sweet chocolate chips. Be careful not to put the chocolate in too soon otherwise they will melt and no longer be "chips." I then packed the treats into a brownie pan and drizzled more chocolate on top. Now I'm not going to say these are "healthy" because they aren't but they are much better than rice krispie treats alone. And in my opinion, they taste better too! Let me know how they turned out! Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment