Monday, October 8, 2012

DIY Necklace Holder

 ♥Isn't this adorable!? Simple, DIY necklace holder that I love! Wanna know how to do it? Just keep reading!
What you need:
  • Canvas (I got my 14x18 inch canvas at Michaels for $7.99)
  • Pretty scrapbook paper
  • Black Paint or a giant sharpie
  • Clear thumb tacks/push pins (whatever you call them!)
  • Buttons that go with the colors you are using.
  • Mod Podge
  • Hot Glue and hot glue gun
  •  First, using mod podge, glue pretty scrapbook (I used antiqued music notes) paper all over a canvas.
  • Once that dries, cover the entire thing with another coat of the modpodge. Wait for it to completely dry!
  • Next, using paint or a giant sharpie like I did, draw a tree on  the front of the canvas. Wait for that to dry.
  •  For the thumb tacks/push pins, Glue buttons on the end. The ones I would put in the tree got black buttons while all the others had a frosted beige color.
  • Space the tacks out far and high enough for your necklaces to hang without overlapping or becoming a tangled mess.
  •  Be sure to reinforce the tacks by hot gluing the backside of them like I did.
Hope yours turned out good! I love mine and use it everyday! Thanks! Love ya♥

No comments:

Post a Comment